SIGN UP FOR CATCH
Be sure to read!
RULES OF PARTICIPATION
WE ONLY ALLOW 40 TEAMS PER CATEGORY FOR EACH DIVISION.
SIGN UP IN ADVANCE BY MAIL!
PRINT AND MAIL SIGN UP and RELEASE FORM
IF YOU WISH TO SIGN UP IN ADVANCE COMPLETE THE APPLICATION AND EITHER DELIVER IT TO THE LIBRARY OR BY MAIL TO:
BANDERA COUNTY LIBRARY
PO BOX 1568
BANDERA, TEXAS 78003
Mailed entries must be postmarked no later than March 1, 2018. Registrations may also be hand delivered to the Bandera County Library up to and including March 12, 2018. All other registrations must be made at the event at the sign up tent just left of the Main Gate when you enter the festival grounds at Mansfield Park.
YOU MUST ALSO CHECK IN AT THE HOG REGISTRATION SIGN UP TABLE AT THE EVENT BY NOON ON THE DAY OF THE CATCH TO GUARANTEE A POSITION.
All participants must sign a release form to participate.
- All participants must be 18 years old or older or those under 18 must have the signature of a parent or guardian on the release form in order to participate.
- YOU MAY ONLY ENTER IN YOUR AGE CATEGORY, NO EXCEPTIONS
- If you do not have a team mate, turn in your form at the registration table and tell the registration clerk. They will assign a team member to you that is also with out a partner.
- All participants must pay the posted entry fee.
- 2 person teams – $15 per person ($30 per team)
- $5 for children participating in runts, shoats, piglets
- It is recommended that all participants wear jeans and long sleeve shirts it is but not mandatory.
- It is the participant’s responsibility to be at the gate ready to enter when their team number or division is called.
- Teams may enter more than once if they 1) pay an entry fee for each “catch” and 2) if there are enough hogs to allow for additional “catches”. The additional “catch” allowance is at the sole discretion of the Ring Boss and will be based on his judgment as to the safety of the animals.
- Animal safety is important at all times and it must be understood that these are wild animals and are capable of biting, stepping, or running over participants.
- All scoring times are kept by two independent time keepers and their time scores will be determined to be final.
- All contestants agree to allow their photos to be used in future publicity for promoting future Wild Hog Explosion Events held for the benefit of the Bandera County Library.
- If you have a great time tell everyone! If you don’t – tell the Ring Boss!